[packaging] [Bug 2889] Syncrotron Fails with 'LDAP not ready'

Kolab Bugzilla noreply at kolab.org
Tue Mar 25 05:07:29 CET 2014


https://issues.kolab.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2889

--- Comment #7 from craig <craig_sorensen01 at hotmail.com> ---
I have not been able to find how the wrong address book gets loaded nor the
exact point it logs the error.  However, printing out values from
kolab_auth_ldap.php I found one difference in the variable values in function
get_user_record($user, $host). When I authenticate from roundcubemail the
$filter variable has the value
"(&(objectclass=inetorgperson)(|(uid=%u)(mail=%fu)(alias=%fu)))" but it is null
when trying to authenticate with /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync.

As a hack I've hard coded in the $filter value I mention above into the
function get_user_record($user,$host) and then /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
authenticates properly with whatever user I enter and my phone can connect and
get emails, calendar events, etc.  So think the only relevant diagnostic
contribution I have here is that its a config setting somewhere.

Last night I installed Kolab on a debian machine and everything just worked so
I'm just going to use that.  I feel the amount of time I've spent trying to
figure out the problem isn't really time effective ...I'm not going to admit
how long it took me to get to the point of successfully hacking it to make it
work.  I will keep  this kolab ubuntu VM for a few months in case someone else
finds there way here and asks questions.

Cheers

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.kolabsys.com/pipermail/packaging-bugs/attachments/20140325/61226ec6/attachment.htm>


More information about the packaging-bugs mailing list