[websites-team] Status of the web presence revamping project

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Mar 24 13:03:43 CET 2011

Hello,

before I go wonder off next week, let us review the current status of the web
presence revaming project;

- Nuno and Ingo both did a great job in getting the overall design and theme
done for Drupal.

- Drupal, Mediawiki and Bugzilla have been set up in a test deployment, for
the following websites;

  Drupal:

    http://www-kolab.klab.cc
    http://planet-kolab.klab.cc

  Mediawiki:

    http://wiki-kolab.klab.cc

  Bugzilla:

    http://bugzilla-kolab.klab.cc

TODOs:

  - Add some onmouseover interaction to the Drupal menu bar known as
'primary_links',

  - Check if different types of content look right under the new theme,

  - Check if editing content pages and administration pages look right under
the new theme,

  - Set up http://forum-kolab.klab.cc,

  - Design, develop and apply theme to Mediawiki,

  - Design, develop and apply theme to Bugzilla,

  - Have new accounts in Drupal, Mediawiki and Bugzilla be created in LDAP
instead of their own databases,

  - Synchronize LDAP group memberships to various application's authorization
mechanisms,

  - Design, develop and apply theme to Publican DocBook documentation,

  - Reset the content on all web applications, where necessary,

  - Design and deploy content design,

  - Migrate off of the legacy websites and applications.

These are just the general items I can think of from the top of my head; Each
in themselves may have an additional TODO list.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG